Thursday Treat! Chocolate Chip Beauties!
Chocolate chip cookies are by far my all time favorite cookie. (In case, you didn't know that already!) So I tried something new in a very simple recipe today. I decided to add some collagen into these cookies. That is why I called them Chocolate Chip Beauties, since anti-aging is one of the benefits of collagen! One thing I discovered is "yes", you can bake with collagen! In fact, since I was using a gluten free baking mix I noticed that the little bit of collagen seemed to take out the grainy taste from the baking mix I used.
Here are a couple links, if you are interested in learning more about the benefits of collagen.
https://draxe.com/what-is-collagen/ and https://wellnessmama.com/3058/collagen-hydrolysate/.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla and blend well. Add baking mix, collagen and salt. Mix well.
3. Place scoops of dough (1-2 tablespoon size) on parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Leave about 2 inches between each scoop. Lightly flatten the top of each scoop of dough.
4. Bake on middle rack of oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 4--5 dozen cookies.